Saturday, April 6, 2013

Maybe I'll Run for President

Every once in a while, after hearing me talk/debate politics, some people tell me I should run for President. I always dismiss them, saying that I am far too blunt to be a politician.

My future office?


But then I remembered something that happened a few years back.

I was in softball in ninth grade, and I wanted to play second base. However, I only rarely got the chance to actually do anything when I played it because none of our pitchers could pitch that well (the team was only a few years old, and no one had really learned how to pitch underhand yet).

One day in band, I was talking to the teacher, Mr. G., about how our team had never won a single game and he asked me why I didn't learn to pitch. I told him, "Well, because I want to be a second baseman." He said, "What's the point of playing second base if the ball never gets hit? Someone has to learn to be a pitcher, and it may as well be you."

So now I get it.

We have a pretty freaking awesome President right now, but what about in 20 years when I am eligible to run? What kind of situation will we have then? I have a good twenty years (technically I can run in 17) or so to get the qualifications.

Plus, I can always learn the art of finesse.

2 comments:

  1. It's not a bad idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mum :) I mean, I'm not saying I'll do it for sure, I'm just saying I'm not ruling it out.

    ReplyDelete