Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm Going on an Adventure!

I'm going on an adventure!
 
I shall embark on an epic, 80-day journey across four European countries next summer. I have been dead-set on going for a couple years now, and things are finally coming together. My original plan involved roughly 20 countries during a span of 90 days, but I decided to shorten the amount of time gone and narrow the scope of my travels for a few reasons:
  1. I don't want to be a tourist.
    1. Yes, I know I will still technically be a tourist, but I don't want to just bounce from town to town, see the sights, and risk not actually experiencing the area. I want to befriend locals and get off the well-beaten tourist track.
  2. Since I am going to school in a city six hours away from home, I should probably allot some time to spend with family.
  3. It less expensive to spend time in fewer countries (airplane, train, bus, and taxi fares add up quickly).
So I chose the countries I wanted to explore most- Ireland, Scotland, England, and France- and went from there. I have been saving money like crazy, reading blogs and websites about travel (Lonely Planet, A Lady Reveals Nothing, and Bootsn All are my favorites), reading my travel guides, and doing general trip-planning activities in preparation.
 
AACK! I am so excited I could spit. :)
 
As soon as I made the decision to blog about my future travels, I knew I wanted to use this clip:
 


Let the countdown commence (335 days)!!!

Photo credit to: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/9732258/Film-review-The-Hobbit-An-Unexpected-Journey-Certificate-12A.html

Video credit to: http://www.youtube.com/user/WelshMeerkat

No comments:

Post a Comment